Pages

Translate

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Be Still


     It is all finally coming together! Oh it has been a crazy few weeks packing, moving, unpacking, going back packing more, moving, unpacking. Painting, cleaning, remodeling. My goodness it has been quite the adventure! Finally though it is all coming together! I am hoping that also means I will finally be able to get back on the band wagon of blogging. With starting this new chapter in our lives of having our first home there has been a lot of things that I have noticed we had been lacking. Starting with a decent meal most nights and ending with the simplicity of a few moments of quite. As I sat on the couch yesterday taking a break from all the unpacking and reorganizing I realized how long it had been since I felt like I could just be still. It’s funny how we don’t always notice the need to just have a few moments of peace to ourselves. With work, possibly kids for some of you, dogs or other animals, cooking, cleaning, planning the list goes on. Sitting on the couch in that moment I remembered the quite calm of letting the heavenly Father handle it all. I looked around my cute little house and the complete silence surrounding me (the dogs and my husband were outside) and I prayed. Just a little thankful prayer for His providence. I’ll be honest I felt kind of guilty for not being more deliberate in making time to just sit and be still. I’m not talking about time relaxing, watching tv, or doing some other activity. I am talking about complete quite. This time is typically enjoyed by most during early morning or late evening devotionals after the masses have drifted off to sleep. That is perfectly find and completely reasonable especially for those of us who have busy schedules. However, I would like to encourage you to maybe at least once or twice a week to try to find a way to just sit and be still. Even if it is only for five minutes. Time to simply ignore the long list of need to do’s and the twelve million things swirling in your head. Just sit and be still. Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” With all the demands in life it can be difficult to remember that God instructed us to BE STILL. As with all things God did not arbitrarily place that in the Bible. He knew the importance of being still. Trusting Him. When we are constantly running around trying to keep it all together. Stressing about the bills, the housework, what’s for dinner and the million other things we can get side lined. Feeling like the weight of the world is on our shoulders as we try to handle it all ourselves. The importance of being still is to remember that we aren’t alone. We aren’t handling this by ourselves. God is in control. For me in that moment of complete silence when I didn’t have to be doing anything for those precious five minutes, it was like a refreshing breeze just taking every stressful worry away. So try your best to find time and be still. Take a few moments to breath and understand you don’t have to have it all together because the Creator has a plan. Trust Him.  

I hope you enjoyed last month’s series “Finding Normal” if so then I hope you will enjoy my next series just as much! Stay tuned for updates about my next series which will be coming soon! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our email list (I will be adding a special 5 day series for new subscribers also COMING SOON!) And if you liked what you read then give us a like and a share on Facebook and twitter. Don’t forget to leave a comment or email me at maryannapartlow@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment