Pages

Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Excitement and Anxiety

Happy Tuesday everyone! In just 24 days SugarBear and I will be the proud owners of our first home. I am so excited. With all the excitement does come some drawback. First, how much I don't want to move because I am going to miss living with my in laws. Second, my anxiety. Yes I am sadly one of those people who suffers from severe anxiety and the occasional panic attack. I know what you are thinking, "Why would you have so much anxiety over something so awesome?" Trust me I asked myself that question already..many times. For me though, no matter how excited I may be about some things there is an underlying fear of "waiting for the other shoe to drop." When everything is going so very well and you are wondering what could possibly go wrong and then your brain explains to you in great detail every possible thing that could. I know some of you can relate. It can be hard when you just want to enjoy life but you have a little voice telling you all the terrible reasons you can't. Trusting God isn't always easy. But let me tell you it is worth it! The truth is worrying and having anxiety is not the problem. It is what we do with that worry and doubt that determines our faith. When you recognize worry and anxiety for what it is you can channel all that negative energy into a positive result. Prayer does wonders. It is in my most anxious moments that I find such great comfort in Jesus. Knowing I have a God who is completely in control of everything is the biggest way I calm my anxiety. If you are finding yourself in a constant state of "wait for it" then take a moment and pray. Call on God to calm your fears. Give Him control of your life. This means accepting the outcome whether you like it or not but knowing that no matter the outcome God has got this. This can be scary because when your faced with an either or and you don't like the or it isn't really "fun" to let God take care of it because we think to ourselves "what if His will is for the one I don't like to happen?" I know I've thought it before. However, that is when I pray even harder and tell the devil to stop clouding my judgment and making me question God. When we are following God we are going to run into trails and tribulations. God never promised an easy life for us. If anything Paul and the apostles stressed the opposite. The key is to understand that when we are seeking the Lord's will for our lives no matter what happens we can rest assured that God has got us. We can face even the things we don't want knowing that God will get us through it. The biggest fear I have is losing my loved ones. My husband, my in laws, grandparents, etc. Purposefully waking up each morning and entrusting them to the Lord is the greatest way to calm that fear. My personality is to "be in control" and if you are the same way then you know how crazy it makes you when you have absolutely zero control over anything. Learning to trust God with my inherent need to be in control has been a battle. But I want to encourage you to not give up on that battle. It is such a relief to know that i don't have to be in control. God is. To know I don't have to worry and stress about the outcomes. God will provide. To know that moving into a new house will bring it's issues but it will also brings its joys just like everything that we entrust to God. I am so excited about my new house. I am so very excited to start painting and fixing and designing and so on. I am also so blessed to know that as long as I am walking in faith God will see us through everything. 
Whether you are excited about something but worrying about the what if or if you are just struggling with anxiety. Take a moment. Breath. Pray. and trust the God will see you through.

"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
Matthew 6:26

Don't forget February is right around the corner! I can't wait to start my series "Finding Normal" and I am so looking forward to you joining me on this journey. Make sure you subscribe and follow me to get updates sent straight to your inbox. Like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thegoodwifesblog/ ) as well to see new things on your news feed. You can also follow me on twitter ( https://twitter.com/goodwifesblog) and instagram (https://www.instagram.com/annapartlow20/?hl=en). 
Comment below to let me know if you will be joining my series or email me at maryannapartlow@gmail.com Thank you all for your wonderful support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment